The bunk area of the camper is a place that I knew my daughter would be spending a lot of time hanging out in. Needed it to feel like home and display her spunky personality. I knew exactly what it needed a headboard of types. A tufted headboard we have made before, but I wanted something that was less permanent and not so heavy.
I remember in one of my sessions of scouring Pinterest I had seen someone who made a headboard from cardboard. So I sat out to recreate my own version. I had pieces of Coreboard in my workshop that were just the right size. So I cut a nifty pattern on it, and covered with a piece of foam and batting to make edges soft.
The Coreboard is stronger than regular card board and it also allows us to have something to staple into when we wrap it with fabric. We chose a bright elephant pattern that fits Alyssa’s personality. So now all I have to do I wrap with fabric and we are ready to go. Pull tight around the edges, and cut the access fabric as you go.
Finished, it took me about 20 mins, and cost about $6 for the fabric. To install on the way we used a heavy duty two sided tape made by Gorilla Glue. Here it is installed!